As I mentioned in a previous post, my Green Gable has been completed. Earlier this week I washed and blocked my newly completed sweater. The yarn I used was Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in the Berry Colorway. And, OMG, I had forgotten how much the color bled when I washed my gauge swatch, which incidentally was the very first gauge swatch I ever took the time to wash and semi-block before moving forward with the actual project. Anyway, the water was almost completely pink with my sweater. I am just glad I didn’t go the easy route of blocking by just spritzing it using a spray bottle, because I think I would have totally ruined my towel.
Anyway, not only was this the first project that I washed the swatch, this was actually the first sweater that I blocked. I have only completed two sweaters before this one and I didn’t take the time to block either of them. This time I thought I would give it a go and see how it comes out. What I found was that cotton is very moldable. What I mean by that is, I could kind of pat it here and there and push it a little and it would sort of slide into place where I wanted it, which made shaping the sweater rather easy. Since this is the first time I have actually blocked a sweater I guess can’t assume that this trait only applies to cotton.
I look forward to finishing my other sweater this weekend. I haven’t moved forward too much on the assembly, but I will focus on that this weekend and should have another FO to show you on Monday. Have a great weekend.
Here is the finished product.